In this episode of the #AzureLateShow podcast, I was joined by Omar Avilés, a Senior Cloud Architect at Microsoft. Omar is responsible for leading and enabling partners in the Microsoft Cloud through Microsoft Azure capabilities. In this episode we discuss:
- Multi-cloud architectures with Kubernetes
- The impact on organizations with the use of Kubernetes
- How to standardize this technology and align DevOps practices
- Introductions [0:27]
- Omar’s role at Microsoft [2:13]
- Why container-based architectures and microservices are relevant now more than ever [12:54]
- The impact on organizations looking to deliver scalable, flexible, and massively distributed applications using Kubernetes in multi-cloud environments[24:18]
- Suggested strategies to standardize Kubernetes as the unique target architecture and align DevOps practices [31:01]
- Tooling [36:43]
- OSS and DAPR [40:52]
About our Special Guest
Omar Avilés Senior Cloud Architect at Microsoft.
Omar joined Microsoft in 2007 as ISV Technical Evangelist. Throughout his 10 years at Microsoft, he’s held various technical roles primarily in the development space working on Windows Phone, Microsoft Azure, Windows, Gaming and Web Technologies. Also Omar is a creative & technical solution architect.